Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transferring to a new PC (Gamecube)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...and thus a new Dolphin emulator.

I was on my laptop and realize, yeah, no, not gonna cut it so I downloaded the emulator on my desktop and games run 100% better (duh!)

So I have an Animal Crossing town on my laptop I want to transfer to my desktop but how can I go about doing this? I'd hate to start over.
In your Documents directory, there'll be a folder called Dolphin Emulator, and in that there'll be another one called GC. If you copy that to the equivalent location on the desktop, your save should move with it.
Or just copy the entire Dolphin Emulator folder, and you will get all your GC saves, Wii saves, settings...
(04-11-2015, 04:05 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Or just copy the entire Dolphin Emulator folder, and you will get all your GC saves, Wii saves, settings...

I think that only works if you have a file called portable.txt in the emulation directory but I am new so someone else might want to share here.

(04-11-2015, 03:51 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]In your Documents directory, there'll be a folder called Dolphin Emulator, and in that there'll be another one called GC. If you copy that to the equivalent location on the desktop, your save should move with it.

Yes I think this is right because I have one in my Documents folder.
(04-11-2015, 08:39 AM)dcj123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2015, 04:05 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Or just copy the entire Dolphin Emulator folder, and you will get all your GC saves, Wii saves, settings...

I think that only works if you have a file called portable.txt in the emulation directory but I am new so someone else might want to share here.

You actually have that backwards. It WONT use the My Documents folder when the portable.txt is in the directory
(04-11-2015, 12:21 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You actually have that backwards. It WONT use the My Documents folder when the portable.txt is in the directory

oh yeah sorry, thats what I meant, I think I didn't understand JosJuice's wording. Anyway cool, at least OP has more information now. The portable.txt thing is neat, play with it.