Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay latency issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

teders

So yesterday i tried connecting my laptop and desktop via netplay, to see if the cause of my lag was because of geolocation. I figured that maybe i had been playing against people who were too far away from me, and that was the cause of my lag. However, i was unable to connect my two machines via netplay, probably because they shared a public IP. so much for that experiment.

Im still noticing a degree of latency that is causing project m on netplay unplayable. My issue is not a processing lag due to computing performance, the game runs at a constant 60 fps, the issue is input latency. When looking for matches i try to play against people that are in the same timezone as me, and usually play people in the same state. Despite that, when i join a game my latency is around 110-130 ms, and when i host a game it is 0 ms, but the other persons latency is 110-130ms at which point we pad the buffer to 6-10.

When i play other games online (battlefield, wow, d3) i dont experience game-debilitating latency, though i know those are all server based games. I have verizon fios, and have tried connecting to my router via ethernet, yet the input latency is still there. I dont have anything else consuming bandwidth, and no one else is on the internet in my house. Im running the latest version

Could someone please help me?