Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windwaker suddenly running at half speed (15 fps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kevin S

Hey guys, new poster here. Hope I'm asking this in the right place.

I decided it was time to replay Legend of Zelda: Windwaker today. It's been 13(!) years since I played through it. I can't stand how my gamecube games look on my hdtv so Dolphin seemed like the perfect solution.

After about an hour of messing with settings the game suddenly runs at half speed (15 fps) only. It ran fine before (30fps). All I did was change the Opengl to Direct3D. Unfortunately even if I switch back to Opengl, it stays at 15 fps now. I have no idea what's suddenly causing this or what I've done wrong. I can't seem to fix it either, no matter what I do.

My PC is a i5 4690k with a geforce 780. Using the latest Dolphin version 4.0-5987.

Can anyone help me out here? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Kevin S

After another hour of messing about I still can't seem to fix it. Tried to reverse all the settings but for some reason it's just stuck on 15 fps now. Nothing I change seems to have an effect. I don't get it. Anyone? Sad

Kevin S

Oh! I think I might've found the issue. I put the fps limit on 30. For some reason that turned the game into 15fps. Setting it back to auto makes the games run at it's normal 30fps again.
The FPS limiter limits the VFPS, not the actual game FPS. Some games run at 60 FPS with 60 VFPS (one frame per interrupt), while some are only 30FPS (one frame every two interrupts) and so on.

So in other words, it's limiting the "speed" of the game, not the framerate (at least not directly), if I'm not mistaken.