Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with New Non-Instant Speed Up Disc Transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was really excited when I saw this PR because I thought SSBM would finally work. Unfortunately, when I try to start the game with Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate checked, it won't even start; the screen just stays black. Before it would at least boot up, even it it broke shortly after; can anyone reproduce this, or am I doing something wrong?
Oh wow... Now that I look at the change, that's probably the worst typo (if it even counts as that) I've ever made. SUDTR is completely broken. Thanks for telling - I'll make a PR to fix it right away.
Thanks a lot--glad to know I wasn't doing something horribly wrong. Looking forward to it!
It was merged a few minutes ago, so you can try it out now. Games worked normally when I used it, but I don't know yet if it fixes the SSBM problem.
SSBM is... better, but not fully working yet. It doesn't crash anymore (although I think that happened before this PR), but the music still cuts out after a second or two--sometimes. It seems totally random, but before it always cut out no matter what, so I guess this is progress? I don't know. But thanks, it's definitely a step in the right direction.
Some games do make assumptions about the transfer rate, though, and depending upon the game's coding, SUDTR may never work properly, I would think. I recall some PSX games wouldn't work on PS2 without disabling fast loading, as they made assumptions about how long their loading screens would last and would not be able to properly configure their levels if the loading screens didn't last long enough for the background processes to complete.