Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rodea the Sky Soldier (Black Screen)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Preemptive edit: I know this belongs in the wii game room, but for some reason it wouldn't let me post the topic there.

Well it's finally here, the final wii game ever. I just have one problem. It doesn't want to run in Dolphin!

All I get is a black screen under Direct3D, Open GL, & even the developer plugin.

FPS stays at 1fps on black screen unless external frame buffer is set to real, in which case it still displays a black screen but displays 60fps/60vps instead.

No other settings seem to change anything. Open to any suggestions.

It plays fine on my physical wii, but did not want to run on wii until I set USBloader GX settings to this. Hopefully that sheds some light on what settings it might need under dolphin. Will post screenshots if I get it up & running.

Video Mode: Region Patch
VIDTV Patch: On
Patch Country Strings: ON
Game Language: Japanese

Specs

GTX 980
i5- 4690k
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
You are posting in the correct forum Smile

But, this game isn't out yet? Or am I misunderstanding something lol
(04-08-2015, 12:45 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]You are posting in the correct forum Smile

But, this game isn't out yet? Or am I misunderstanding something lol

I'm holding it right in my hands. It came bundled for free with the Wii-U version of the game.
Huh. Wikipedia is wrong then! Go figure!

That makes our problem harder to solve because there is no Dolphin wiki page for it. Are you on the latest dev build? I'd ask you to MD5 checksum but I'm sure nobody has uploaded one. Try redumping the game maybe?
(04-08-2015, 12:59 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Huh. Wikipedia is wrong then! Go figure!

That makes our problem harder to solve because there is no Dolphin wiki page for it. Are you on the latest dev build? I'd ask you to MD5 checksum but I'm sure nobody has uploaded one. Try redumping the game maybe?

I've dumped it twice. Once with cleanrip, once with usbloadergx. Same result both times.

I could post the MD5 checksum, but it wouldn't matter like you said.

Where does dolphin store universal settings? I want to try the newest build with default settings.
Dolphin stores settings in C:/user/Documents/Dolphin Emulator

They should transfer over to the new build w/o having to change anything
(04-08-2015, 01:09 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin stores settings in C:/user/Documents/Dolphin Emulator

They should transfer over to the new build w/o having to change anything

Could I be missing some kind of directx plugin? I remember old versions of dolphin had a selection between directx9 & directx11, but this build just lets me toggle between opengl & directx.
Wii Backup Manager Shows game coming up as green when I check the SHA-1 hash. Also makes no difference if it's scrubbed or a full iso apparently. Unless someone has other suggestions, I think we can throw this game firmly in the "does not play at all" pile.

Will check the topic periodically. For now, just going to play it on my Wii.
Try updating Windows (I'm assuming), getting plugins for DirectX and OpenGL, and maybe update your GPU drivers? Have you played any other games that work?
Almost every other game I've run goes fullspeed (disaster day of crisis & silent hill shattered memories excluded)

But with rodea the "show statistics" blue text overlay doesn't even show up, so it's like it's not even rendering anything.
Pages: 1 2