Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BUG: MotionPlus missing after Load Save State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Slashin8r

In games that use or allow the use of the Wii MotionPlus, the emulator will stop supporting the MotionPlus after loading a save state. I tested this with multiple games that let you choose to use the MotionPlus or not.

Dolphin 4.0-5932
Windows 8.1

I made a save state at the game menu on first load, then continued to the MotionPlus selection screen and made a 2nd save state there. Select to use MotionPlus and continue with no problems. Load state 2 and select to use MotionPlus and now it suddenly tells me to "attach the MotionPlus". Load state 1 and then select to use MotionPlus and still says to "attach the MotionPlus".

Now, if you stop the game and reload it and the first thing you do is load a save state, the emulator will still recognize the MotionPlus until you load a save state again during that same game instance.

Also, am I posting bug reports in the correct location? I also made another thread with a related issue, Crash on Stop after Loading Save State. I actually think that the underlying problem is the cause for both the bugs.
(04-07-2015, 05:48 AM)Slashin8r Wrote: [ -> ]Also, am I posting bug reports in the correct location? I also made another thread with a related issue, Crash on Stop after Loading Save State. I actually think that the underlying problem is the cause for both the bugs.
If you want to post on the forums, this is the right place. However, bug reports like these might fit better on the issue tracker: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list

Slashin8r

(04-07-2015, 06:02 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to post on the forums, this is the right place. However, bug reports like these might fit better on the issue tracker: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list

Thank you. I will also report it there.