Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games Don't Run after Closing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

qwexe

Hey I just started using dolphin but every time I exit a game it will crash immediately any time after that if I try to run it again. Games work fine the first time they are run but if they are closed they become unusable. Re-installing the game doesn't fix it but deleting the data folder located in [Documents] (separate from the program itself) and letting dolphin re-create it does fix it, however this means re-adding games, reconfiguring all settings for Dolphin and whatever game. This appears to be happening with any game I've tried (melee, marioparty4 and MKDD) Am I exiting games wrong? Do I have some setting wrong? HELP

I am using the latest Dolphin Build on Windows 8.1
It's an issue with your Intel HD graphics card, use D3D instead of OpenGL, or upgrade your drivers if possible. Some Intel HDs are no longer being updated afaik.

Ah, you have a laptop. Follow the laptop performance guide to use your actual graphics card, https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

qwexe

THANK YOU SO MUCH I DONT KNOW WHY THERE IS A THUMBS DOWN I DIDNT MEAN TO DO THAT