Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't get MarioKart Wii Backup to start!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi i tried doing a iso backup for my mariokart wii irl.

so now i have an iso (PAL) EUR

and here is my problem , when i start mario kart wii, it shows me those safety tips and then tries saving and then this appears:

"could not write to/read from Wii System memory. For details, please read the Wii operations manual." Because of this i cant even start the game.

so what do i need to do to simply start it and play? im using this older version (Dolphin 4.0 -652) for netplay and trying to play this with a friend.

also i have troubles with super smash bros. brawl ( i can start the game , BUT ) it only temporary saves my game, when i close the game everythings gone if i restart it.

can u help me please?
(04-06-2015, 02:47 AM)schmutzlord Wrote: [ -> ]also i have troubles with super smash bros. brawl it only temporary saves my game but when i close the game everythings gone if i restart it.
I believe this is because the 4.0-652 netplay build automatically deletes Wii save data in order to avoid desyncs when using netplay. Use a regular Dolphin build (preferably the newest development version) if you want to save.
ok so for singleplayer i should use a newer version , k i already thought there was something fishy with the version.

is there a better version with netplay? cause the latest version doesnt allow hosting/joining i think , or im superblind , dont even know why it got removed ?

also i get now this version is for better (enhanced) netplay, but why cant i start mario kart wii ? do i need a savegame to netplay? its kindah weird.
bump ;(
bump, im not sure if somebody can still help me, but is there a better netplay version of dolphin for mariokart wii/supersmash bros and so on ?
Always use the latest version
(04-09-2015, 04:53 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Always use the latest version

the latest version has no netplay tho ?
Nope - master branch dolphin has had netplay for years. The netplay branch (which stopped with 652) was created to test experimental options for it before a proper implementation was added to the master branch. The main two were dual-core netplay (which is called Deterministic Dual-Core in master as it's a more general solution) which was added several months ago and UDP netplay, which was added more recently; a couple of months ago. Single core netplay worked fine, and was actually faster than 652's dual-core right before the DDC merge anyway, so there wasn't really any excuse to use that as justification to use 652, and so did direct IP connection netplay, which requires you to forward one port on the host machine's router and share its IP address with all the clients.
(04-09-2015, 12:17 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope - master branch dolphin has had netplay for years. The netplay branch (which stopped with 652) was created to test experimental options for it before a proper implementation was added to the master branch. The main two were dual-core netplay (which is called Deterministic Dual-Core in master as it's a more general solution) which was added several months ago and UDP netplay, which was added more recently; a couple of months ago. Single core netplay worked fine, and was actually faster than 652's dual-core right before the DDC merge anyway, so there wasn't really any excuse to use that as justification to use 652, and so did direct IP connection netplay, which requires you to forward one port on the host machine's router and share its IP address with all the clients.

sry im not sure if i understood right, but ur basically saying that netplay was removed because they saw no reason to keep the feature because of the things u mentioned?

if that is so, why not keep both versions , 1 with netplay and 1 without?

or is there any way to play multiplayer in the latest version?
No, the netplay changes were merged into master with more improvements.
Pages: 1 2