Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer able to run dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nikorasu

My computer is a Inspiron 5437.
is that the dual core 1.7ghz cpu if I am correct it is a i3-4010U which is a low power chip. You should be able to run some games fines but if you are wanting like SSB or mario galaxy, xenoblade chances are you are probably going to run it around half speed which isn't fun. I can't tell you what games you can and cant play though there are probably more games that you won't be able to run at full fps then games that you can. I never tried using a laptop for dolphin so I am not very versed in what kind of cpu from a laptop is needed.
His profile says he's running an i5...
You should be able to run some games with few problems.
Checked more into it since he has the i5 the only i5 I see for the 5437 is the i5-3337U which is a low power cpu again. It is only a dual core cpu but it does go up to 2.7ghz so you should be able to run a good amount of games with good speed but I still think the more cpu demanding ones are out of the question.
2.7GHz is single core turbo . 2.5GHz is dual core turbo mode but most ultra low voltage cpus are underclocked