Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is Dolphin 4.0-5962 the last version of Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm wondering if Dolphin 4.0-5962 is the last version of Dolphin since there hasn't been a new version released recently and the developers make new Dolphin Emulator versions all the time it's been 2 days and 4 hours (as of the time I'm posting this).

So whats going on?
Presumably it's because developers have lives independently of working on Dolphin. Let the guys have the weekend off before freaking out about things man.
^^

lol yeah calm down dude. Devs need weekends too. Besides, it's easter weekend. Can't they have a holiday?
Jeez, ok, ok. I was calm I was just seeing what was going on.
Wow you guys are spoiled! Tongue

Actually delays like this aren't that uncommon. Periods with few commits for a few days to a week or two are actually pretty common. That, there was a lull around this time last year too. Developers are almost always working on something, but it is merged into the project only when it is complete, so development appears to happen in weird spikes. This is all normal!
I remember when nothing happened for two weeks and people thought the devs gave up
No development builds on the download page != there is no development.

If you have the itch to test stuff and want to help the development team / project, you should learn more about how Git pull requests work, join GitHub and then begin testing alpha-quailty (PR Test) builds. Quality control is an important part of the development process. Patches are first tested for serious issues / bugs / regressions before they get merged to master and a new dev. build is compiled and linked on the download page.

Here's an example:
A PR Test build (updated a few hours ago):

JitIL: Fixed a bug in the floating point load/store instructions (PR #2272):
https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-2272-d...est-x64.7z

These builds are newer than the latest dev. builds, but are less stable / have more issues.
Yep, dolphin is dead, sorry.
(04-06-2015, 12:54 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, dolphin is dead, sorry.

Alright everyone, pack it up. We're done here
Development has been shifted towards Dolphin Pro instead.
Pages: 1 2