Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory card issue, causing netplay desync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sqlurt

Hello! I'm new here and I apologize if my formatting is horrible...  Confused
Anyway, I have searched around for quite a long time for a solution to this but found none.
So, I would like to play smash bros melee with the 20xx "mod" with my friend via netplay (the issue is not only present in netplay though, but it makes us desync) and when the game starts up he goes straight to the character select, which I should also do, but my game wants to use a memory card apparently, and I get a message with "No memory card in slot A" or something along those lines..
Now, I have disabled memory cards in the gamecube configs, and also deleted whatever savefile I had before and he sent me his files instead.
If i go to memory card manager I see nothing and I cant really do anything here.
My suspicion is that something old is laying around, I did mess around a bit with the memory card manager ages ago to set it up to work properly when I wanted to save in another game, but i have since deleted and reinstalled dolphin and emptied the documents/Dolphin Emulator folder where the save files were.
Now is there some setting I have missed? or some file stored somewhere else I need to delete? Why does it insist on searching for a memory card when my friends game doesn't? Huh

Any help apprectiated, thanks!
1. Delete the entire Dolphin Emulators folder (in documents)
2. Delete the Dolphin folder where you launch the game from
3. Reinstall Dolphin and format the memory card before trying to netplay

Something probably bugged with your files for some reason. Make sure to download the latest dev build
(04-04-2015, 02:59 PM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Delete the entire Dolphin Emulators folder (in documents)
2. Delete the Dolphin folder where you launch the game from

(04-04-2015, 09:12 AM)Sqlurt Wrote: [ -> ]i have since deleted and reinstalled dolphin and emptied the documents/Dolphin Emulator folder where the save files were.

NKF, please read the post before coming with your standard suggestion of deleting everything. Doing that isn't always going to fix things.

Anyway, I don't really have any experience with netplay, but it sounds like your friend does have a memory card inserted since he isn't getting the message about no memory card being inserted. In case he has a memory card enabled in the GameCube config, does disabling it help?

Sqlurt

We both have the same settings in the Config/Gamecube tab; skip BIOS, and everything else empty except for controller port 1.
He did send me some of his files which I believe were memory card ones: GALE01.ini (I think that has to do with the game though..) and SRAM.raw and MemoryCardA.USA.raw.
So our memory card files should be identical as far as I know, but I cant find any setting which would suggest that I even have a memory card active.