Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error - Communications to Wiimote interrupted (happens at the same point everytime)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Turak64

Hi all

I've just got started with Dolphin but I'm running into an issue straight away.

I've got an ISO for the Metroid Prime Trilogy and it loads up just fine. However when trying to play any one of the games, after a few seconds I get the error "Communications to the Wiimote have been interrupted". This seems to happen at precisely the same point, every time and on all 3 games. I get this error both when trying to use a Wiimote connected via Bluetooth or my keyboard & mouse in emulated mode. Before I start the game, both seem to work fine at the menus and I can flick between each game ok, but as soon as I try to launch one of the games it falls over. I don't currently have any other ISO files to test Dolphin out with, but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do?

You can see my PC specs on my profile - https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/User-turak64 however I don't think there will be any hardware issues.
Press Alt+F5 to reconnect the Wii Remote.

Turak64

(04-03-2015, 10:21 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Press Alt+F5 to reconnect the Wii Remote.

Thanks for that, seems to work now! Though my PC is really struggling to run Metroid at any decent level. Best invest in a newer GPU methinks Confused
You're getting a CPU bottleneck, get a new Haswell CPU plus motherboard.
A better GPU will not help you play metroid. Upgrade CPU