Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4K Flashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm forcing 4K on a 1080p monitor and running every other game pretty well at that resolution, but Dolphin doesn't agree with it too well.
Trying to run a game in 4K causes the screen to flash black what it seems to be like every other frame, which makes it definitely unplayable and not too pleasing for someone with seizures xD xD
Is it just because I'm trying to force it, or is this a problem with Dolphin, or are there certain settings I need to tick?
If you're doing it to get downsampling, it's best to let Dolphin handle it. Set the fullscreen res to 1080, and then set the IR to 6x by setting EFBScale to 9 in Dolphin's OpenGL and D3D ini files.
I'm doing it mainly to upload 4K content to YouTube. People eat it up xD
I got it solved though, just had to restart my computer, oddly enough.
I didn't know you could change the IR to 6 by doing that though, so that's a cool thing to know Smile
(04-03-2015, 05:36 AM)shangry Wrote: [ -> ]I'm doing it mainly to upload 4K content to YouTube. People eat it up xD
I got it solved though, just had to restart my computer, oddly enough.
I didn't know you could change the IR to 6 by doing that though, so that's a cool thing to know Smile

Can YT do 4k60 now? And keep in mind that setting the IR up to x6 is gonna keep your actual res at 1080p or whatever you have it set to
Oh yes I know that haha.
And no, it cannot, as I have found out. But some games don't even run 60FPS, just 30, so that's good for 4K Smile