Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Building a new PC, want to be able to play Dolphin and stream at 3500-5000kbp/s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
.. without any hitches (title was too long :p) I've been looking at the 5960x for a while but if I can save $500 or so because the 5930k is sufficient enough then I definitely will just get that. I know Cryaotic has been streaming Xenoblade lately with the HD pack and he only has a 3930k, but I'm not sure if he streams from the same PC he plays on. I'd like to stay within LGA 2011-3 for DDR4 at least, although I'm sure I probably would need to in order to do this (I have issues on a 4.6GHz i5 2500K - I can barely play and it has to be very low settings) Anyways, here's my part list as of right now: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cCTVyc feel free to make other suggestions too, like if there's a specific board I'd like for overlocking or something.
Depends exactly how you are streaming. Dolphin really only uses 2 cores with 3 being the maximum under certain conditions, I think the audio can be moved to another core. For strictly Dolphin and with a GPU streaming solution it would be better to get a 4790K and just give it a really healthy overclock. I assume you plan on using this rig for general purpose gaming as well though, because some of the other components are strictly overkill.
(03-30-2015, 02:54 AM)DZCreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Depends exactly how you are streaming. Dolphin really only uses 2 cores with 3 being the maximum under certain conditions, I think the audio can be moved to another core. For strictly Dolphin and with a GPU streaming solution it would be better to get a 4790K and just give it a really healthy overclock. I assume you plan on using this rig for general purpose gaming as well though, because some of the other components are strictly overkill.

Yeah, 4K gaming at that. Would you say a 5930k is a safe bet then? I was thinking about 4790k for a while myself but I just don't want to risk it - even with my 4.5GHz 2500k I have issues streaming at 2500kbps and playing Dolphin, especially with heavier games like Xenoblade. I'd also be streaming with OBS to Twitch at faster or even fast preset if possible (higher quality, more CPU intensive) with the 2500k I have to set it at superfast or even ultrafast (the two lowest quality settings)
How fast is your internet speed? That may be your problem...
(03-30-2015, 05:58 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]How fast is your internet speed? That may be your problem...

Definitely not the problem:
 [Image: 4250656368.png]
You got the cash to go extreme i7 then go extreme i7. I can stream all my games including xenoblades at maximum fps whether that be 30 or 60 with my i5 4690k. I can only do 2k bitrate because pennsylvania has some of the slowest internet speeds.
It's important to note that in Dolphin, Haswell performs 30-40% better than Sandy Bridge at the same clock speeds, so a 2500K at 4.6 GHz will definitely be improved upon significantly by a Devil's Canyon chip, as 4.6 GHz isn't infeasible at all.
I stream at 3500 just fine on my 4790k while playing rogue leader and rebel strike.
(03-30-2015, 06:02 AM)Ness Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2015, 05:58 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]How fast is your internet speed? That may be your problem...

Definitely not the problem:
 [Image: 4250656368.png]

Nice upload speed. Here's mine:

[Image: 4108337463.png]
Well, thanks everyone, I'll definitely consider the 4790k but I'll probably end up getting a 5930k because it's a bigger upgrade and doesn't cost too much more. Might end up buying the 4790k though if 390x ends up costing a ton. Hopefully the 300 series comes out soon because I really don't want to wait any longer, and it's supposed to have amazing 4K performance (according to leaks anyways)
Pages: 1 2