Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom Texture won't load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Firstly I apologize for my poor english. (I’m french)

So I really want to use custom texture on my 2 games Xenoblades chronicle & Zelda Wind Waker.

So I follow the tutorial and some thread to change my texture.

C: Documents/DolphinEmulator/Load/Textures and I put the custom texture into this folder. (Different from my dolphin.exe folder)

Ps: I tried to follow one of tutorial from this forum to add portable.txt in my dolphin.exe folder? But I really don't understand how it process...

I checked my game version (PAL) and I change the ID of my folder. (I also checked the dumb files if the ID of my game is the same and it’s correct)

I have load textures checked. But when I launch the game HD textures won’t load. I tried to change all settings (OpenGl,Directx9,Texture cache to safe, trying to download build dolphin version 4.0-5942, or with the 4.0 official version.)

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your reply
If there is a portable.txt file in your Dolphin exe folder now, delete it and try again. Placing textures in the Documents folder only works when portable.txt doesn't exist.
It was for my latest trying to use custom texture, now I've deleted all of my dolphin folder and reinstall dolphin 4.0 and put custom texture into dolphin emulator (in my document) but it won't load HD texture when launching my game. (Portable.txt is a files that appear just if we create it?)
(03-29-2015, 03:32 AM)dodo02 Wrote: [ -> ]now I've deleted all of my dolphin folder and reinstall dolphin 4.0 and put custom texture into dolphin emulator (in my document) but it won't load HD texture when launching my game.
The HD texture pack for Xenoblade requires a recent development version, so 4.0 won't work. Also, Zelda: Wind Waker needs Safe texture cache from what I can see.

(03-29-2015, 03:32 AM)dodo02 Wrote: [ -> ](Portable.txt is a files that appear just if we create it?)
Yes.
Okay where I can download a development version? It is worth it or there are still too much bug?

My texture cache is on Safe. So what I have to do ?

Thanks for your support Smile
(03-29-2015, 03:49 AM)dodo02 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay where I can download a development version? It is worth it or there are still too much bug?
Development versions are versions like the 4.0-5942 version you mentioned before. They're almost always worth using, but sometimes a problem or two can slip through. They can be downloaded at https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

(03-29-2015, 03:49 AM)dodo02 Wrote: [ -> ]My texture cache is on Safe. So what I have to do ?
I'm not sure. There might be some other problem that I'm not thinking of.
Okay I will wait for some other reply :-)
Anyone have a idea?