Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Render in higher resolution than fullscreen / monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to take frame-by-frame screenshots for a video project. Ideally, I’d like to have these screenshots a resolution of 3840×2160 (“4K”), but the highest internal resolution available to me (4.0-5921) is 4x, which is “only” 2560 horizontally. Additionally, the maximum fullscreen resolution available is that of my screen, 2560×1440. 

Is there some way to make Dolphin take screenshots with the F9 hotkey in a higher resolution than what is shown on the fullscreen monitor? I understand that due to downsampling of every frame to the screen resolution it would be slower than real-time, and this does not matter to me at all because I don’t want to play like this, only capture individual frames.

Thanks in advance!
Onboard graphics makes it impossible to run 4k ir. You can't take screenshots of a res that your computer doesn't support
I’m not using onboard graphis, I’m using an AMD 6870. It runs 1920×1440 just fine, although taking screenshots takes much longer than it did with 1440×1080.
Best you could probably do is raise the IR to x6 via the game's .ini file

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

Quote:Choosing Internal Resolution:
The line below is used to enforce an integral value closest to the general value you use, if 3x is used it will stay the same, if 2,5x is used it will drop to 2x, if auto fractional is used auto integral will be set:
[Video_Settings]
EFBScale = -1
Values starting from 0 represent the drop down order in the list that dolphin uses. Currently:
[Video_Settings]
EFBScale = 0 =>will give auto fractional
EFBScale = 1 =>will give auto integral
EFBScale = 2 =>will give 1x
EFBScale = 3 =>will give 1,5x
EFBScale = 4 =>will give 2x
EFBScale = 5 =>will give 2,5x
EFBScale = 6 =>will give 3x
EFBScale = 7 =>will give 4x
Since 4.0-3471 you can use even higher values...
EFBScale = 8 =>will give 5x
EFBScale = 9 =>will give 6x
EFBScale = 10 =>will give 7x etc.
However, all these shots are gonna be at whatever the current desktop resolution is set at unless you're able to force it higher via Nvidia Control Panel or AMD's CCC (I think). Dunno if there's a way for Intel's iGPUs

EDIT: How to on AMD: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366244
If you aren't using "Intel HD graphics" then you should probably update your profile. Or post specs