Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Auto Frameskip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To anyone who can answer,

I'm having a bit of a problem with frameskip. I'll elaborate farther down.

Anyway, I'm using the same specs:
Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.20 GHz
Intel G41 Express Chipset
4 GB RAM

I'm not asking for how to boost FPS, more of a feature request 

So I was playing Project M and a lot of stages go around 57-60 FPS and it's very smooth. But some stages go 30-50 FPS and it's really slow. 
If I put frameskip on the slow stages, it works fine, but if I put it on the fast stages, it glitches a bit and it slows down and speeds up, and it goes way too fast. So is there a way to make so it automatically turns frameskip on and off? Because if I was playing Netplay I wouldn't want to alternate between frameskip and no frameskip in the middle of the match.

Thanks in advance!
Luigifan64100
You can set keys to increase/reduce framelimit in the hotkeys config, but I don't think what you're asking is possible
(03-24-2015, 06:37 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]You can set keys to increase/reduce framelimit in the hotkeys config, but I don't think what you're asking is possible

Thank you for responding!

That's unfortunate. Was really looking forward to play a lot of stages on Project M. Guess I have to keep going to the config to change it!

Have a nice day, you hear?
No-you misunderstand. You can set specific keys to do it for you. For example, I mapped my keyboard with the hotkey config so that when I press "1", it saves state, and when I press "0", it loads state. You can do something similar so that you can just press a key and it will toggle framelimit.
But framelmiit is not the same thing as frameskip.
You can toggle either one
If you're using the Intel GMA graphics built into your system, that's probably what your issue is. It can't handle the more complex stages.
(03-24-2015, 09:09 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using the Intel GMA graphics built into your system, that's probably what your issue is. It can't handle the more complex stages.

Oh, thank you! 
So if I get a better graphics chip, it should work fine? Because other than that I should get 60 FPS on 1v1. And maybe more RAM.

But I don't think I should do that. My other computer (a laptop) has 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, andAMD A10 APU. I found that to run Dolphin perfectly, but I need to get a new charger for it (my old one broke recently.)
If it's a desktop, then get a cheap card like a Nvidia GT 640. If you want to do more serious gaming, you should really look into upgrading your whole rig.

The laptop may play the games better, look into getting a new charger
(03-25-2015, 12:47 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a desktop, then get a cheap card like a Nvidia GT 640. If you want to do more serious gaming, you should really look into upgrading your whole rig.

The laptop may play the games better, look into getting a new charger

I also have another question; in Dolphin Netplay (4.0-652), does frameskip affect the person on the other end at all? It greatly reduces the load on my graphics and speeds up gameplay. (I'm trying to play Project M.)
Pages: 1 2