Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to speed up a game on-launch for a set period of time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As in, with Project M, I would like it to speed up for a solid 3-5 seconds and stop on launch. Is this at all possible without my input? Like a cfg or something?
No. You can, however, set buttons for frameskipping on the hotkeys config.
Isn't frameskipping just 1 frame? I remember using this feature and it didn't really speed anything up. Are you referring to the Tab functionality?
No. I'm referring to the frameskip functionality. You are thinking of the Frame Advance option, not the Frame Skipping one.
Oh! I know what you're talking about, I never use that. I just want to speedup the startup of the game without my input. I also noticed something, it says "Toggle Framelimit" where the "Tab" key is mapped, but it's not on a toggle, it's on a hold.
You can re-map it using the hotkey config
I'm using that now, I'm wondering if it's possible to have this setting default to on for a period of time on launch, then stop.
I don't think so.
It's such a specific request that I can't imagine anyone ever thinking of doing this. You basically want to turbo through menus.
If you want this feature then you can put it on the Feature Request thread, and maybe a dev will add it to some revision in the future.