Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Watchdog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello:

Ive worked with Dx9 excellent, Disabled my sound, Now Watchdog runs 80+200 but my Fps only 25+30

What's the difference can it be speeded up or is it my specs

Amd Athlon 64 3800+ 2.40Ghz
1 gig ram
Geforce 7

ExclamationExclamation

cmccmc

your pc is too weak
It's your specs, if you want more info about watchdog, there is a whole old thread about it under the SVN builds section.
I have somewhat similar computer specs, and trust me; it won't get much better. You can tinker with the emulator as much as you want, try different settings, switch between plugins, but I doubt it'll do anything to improve the speed. If you do things right, some things will work at great speed, while scenes with a lot of characters or large area's will run slow to sluggish. I've been playing Super Paper Mario, and a lot of the game plays at a decent speed... unfortunately, boss battles don't fair too well and might cause the FPS to go down to 20-30.

I hope to get a job eventually and buy a computer that will be able to handle the emulator... but what I have now, I'm happy that I'm even able to play most of it at a good speed. Big Grin
lol you should try to upgrade your ram...
it should help a little bit since the supposed minimum is 2

cmccmc

i have 1/2 a gb Tongue
ohhh yea...lol no i have 6 gb...lol 4 at anytime even when usingdolphin!! lol Tongue

anyway connecting extra memory space such as like 300 gigs of extra memory should provide a ram boost...it gave my cousins 1/2 gig of boost in ram with only 80 gigs of extra memory space...

cmccmc

what are you talking about, most people have no more than 4 gb's
(09-05-2009, 04:24 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]what are you talking about, most people have no more than 4 gb's

He made An error, he messed up his #'s
You should still get the gist of what he's saying.
LOOOOOOOOOOL

Ontopic, you know what's strange?

In GL plugin any Brawl I play doesn't react to watchdog.
But menues and older brawls I recorded do get the speedup.
Pages: 1 2