Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Donkey Kong Country Returns- Shake problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bluejoc

Hello,

I'm playing donkey kong country returns and I'm stuck on sloppy sands. At the end there is a DK sign you need to ground pound continuously to move forward in the game. My DK doesn't ground pound fast enough. I've searched many forums and threads and the only answer I've found is to set both the nunchuck's shake and wiimote's shake to the same button, which I've done, but this doesn't work. He still ground pounds too slow.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please help me with the configurations.

Thank you.
Post your settings.
Increase radius on the nunchuck in controller settings.

bluejoc

I've added a picture of my current settings, what would I change the radius to? I tried switching the controls to the horizontal settings where there is no nunchuck involved. Once I did this, my shake wouldn't work at all no matter what I did. So for some reason the shake for my wiimote isn't working at all, but it seems the shake for my nunchuck is. In this game, both the nunchuck and wii need to be shaked. ahhh I've tried everything.
It doesn't look like you are using the same button for all the shakes, also changing the threshold might help

bluejoc

I am using the same button. I scroll over xyz and press the r trigger for both wii mote and nunchuck. Sometimes it shows up at Rz-+ and sometimes Rz+. I don't know what the difference is.

I tried changing the threshold for both wii mote and nunchuck and nothing happens.

bluejoc

I switched my controller from my xbox one to my keyboard and it worked. Not sure if it's the xbox one controller part that doesn't work, either way I got past it, thanks.