Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NetPlay issues (SOLVED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Skylands

Having trouble playing with my friend online without really bad latency issues.
Tried mario party 7 and mario cart double dash.  Both are playable on NetPlay just really really bad FPS on NetPlay.

Currently using the following for both of us:

Already looked over this guide: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/
Enable Dual core = (tried both unchecked and checked and get same results)
No memory card set
Sound = DSP HLE emulation (fast)
Ports are forwarded on both sides (we can both host fine and regardless who is hosting same lag) We are located in same time zone but im in Florida and he is in NY.
Both using Dolphin 4.0-5852 (hes on mac and I'm on windows but same version #)
We both get: 30 FPS and 30 VPS (60%) <-- best we have got usually drops lower ....  I thought 30 FPS would be fine cause several steam games and minecraft run at that frame rate and im fine, but with netplay its really bad.
Works perfect 100% in single player pretty much 60 FPS at all times.
Buffer = 2 (but i have tried all sorts of numbers)  
Mario party 7 has already been tested https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...io_Party_7 by "Mals1" with netplay and 4 players without issues.

Any help would be awesome!  Smile

My specs:
RAM= 16 GB DDR3 RAM
CPU = AMD Phenom II X6 1050T 2.80 GHz
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
OS = Windows 7 Ultimate
Have you tried using a traversal server? It doesn't add any latency and it's worth a try to go ahead and test something that isn't p2p.

EDIT: After looking at Mals1's testing, it seems that he was using an Intel Core 2 Quad, which to my understanding runs better FPS than the Phenom. Although, if you are running it fine until you go into netplay, I don't really know what to tell you as I don't really know how netplay works.
You probably have buffer too low unless your latency is extremely low.
(03-22-2015, 11:25 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have buffer too low unless your latency is extremely low.

He said he's tried all sorts of numbers, which I would assume includes #s>2

Skylands

(03-22-2015, 11:27 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2015, 11:25 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have buffer too low unless your latency is extremely low.

He said he's tried all sorts of numbers, which I would assume includes #s>2

yea I even went up to from 10 to 15 to 25 and 50+

(03-22-2015, 11:23 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using a traversal server? It doesn't add any latency and it's worth a try to go ahead and test something that isn't p2p.

EDIT: After looking at Mals1's testing, it seems that he was using an Intel Core 2 Quad, which to my understanding runs better FPS than the Phenom. Although, if you are running it fine until you go into netplay, I don't really know what to tell you as I don't really know how netplay works.

Have not tried transferal server yet as I wasn't sure how it worked. As for the games all of them run perfect on my PC with out any issues but a few frame drops when changing scenes / screens which is normal. Only when trying netplay is when I run into problems.
Transversal is just a different way to connect, and then the games play in a P2P way like usual.
Try a traversal connection and see if it works better for you

Skylands

Every-time I do traversal Dolphin either freezes or gets a time out error so that's a no go

Skylands

Got my issue fixed my issue what we did to fix it is turn audio off on both players and buffer set to 15. Seems like audio was the problem for multiplayer