Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Please help me Fix Dolphin!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got a Kelux gamecube controller adapter and it wasn't working on netplay because i was using an outdated Dolphin. I can't run any version over 4.0-5834 Which just happens to be the one that adds code for GQcontroller adapters. Whenever i download any build above said build it will not open. I double click the Dolphin application and nothing happens. I have watched via Task Manager and when I watch processes I see the word Dolphin appear for one second then it goes away. I am not sure what is happening but please help me ASAP I really want to play Super Smash bros Melee.

*P.S. My brother was having save exact issues with controller adapter. I told him to download a newer build and he downloaded the newest one and opened it with ease. It's very disheartening seeing as I have been trying to figure out why this won't open and he just downloads it and opens it right then and there.*

[edit] please excuse me if this is in the wrong section of forums.
Delete the {Dolphin Emulator} file folder in Documents, delete the Dolphin folder, delete Dolphin .7z file, empty recycle bin, update to the latest version of Dolphin. Should work good as new.
4.0-5834 isn't the build that added the GC adapter code. What it did was to fix problems with using more than one GC adapter on one computer. If you use a build that is slightly older than that, GC adapters should still work fine as long as you only are using one.

As for the actual issue with 4.0-5834... Hmm, I haven't heard of any problems with that version before, but it's entirely possible that there's some USB crap that's preventing it from working on your computer. It's happened before, with the version that added GC adapter support. NKF98's suggestion is worth a try (but remember to backup the Dolphin Emulator folder if you want to keep any save files!) but it may or may not work.
I've seen where people can't open Dolphin, and deleting the Dolphin Emulator folder (specifically the shadercache and cache) fixed their problem. If that doesn't work, use Juice's suggestion and try an older version.