Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cleanrip Possible to rip other regions discs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the wii is region locked but I was wondering if it was possible to rip games from other regions with cleanrip (I'm US was considering dumping Japanese or PAL region games) ? Since dolphin is region free you should be able to boot PAL and Japanese region games without issue meaning I could play some games not released over here (I'm mainly thinking of fatal frames 2 and 4).
afaik yes, also you should be able to play games from other regions as well since your wii is hacked.
(03-20-2015, 06:33 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]afaik yes, also you should be able to play games from other regions as well since your wii is hacked.

I'm not really interested in playing wii games off of dolphin anymore Tongue

Also, its actually the wii section of the wiiU not sure if that makes a difference
(03-20-2015, 06:34 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2015, 06:33 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]afaik yes, also you should be able to play games from other regions as well since your wii is hacked.

I'm not really interested in playing wii games off of dolphin anymore Tongue

Also, its actually the wii section of the wiiU not sure if that makes a difference

I don't think one can dump games using a WiiU just yet
(03-20-2015, 08:36 AM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think one can dump games using a WiiU just yet

Not for dumping WiiU games, but dumping Wii games works just the same as on a Wii.