Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: EFB Copies to Texture Black Areas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found a rather curious problem with the "Store EFB Copies to Texture Only" option. If I use it, sometimes textures end up being black areas:

[attachment=13333]

If I uncheck the box to enable EFB to RAM, the correct texture instantly pops up:

[attachment=13334]

and after that point, I can check the box again without problems, until I close Dolphin. When I start Dolphin again, the black area is back. If I've been playing for a while before I try this, the black area will have random elements of other textures from the previous levels I've visited, instead of being black. If I return to the lobby, my chair will also be black, instead of the correct colour (which is also fixed by using EFB to RAM).

It's not a huge deal if unchecking the EFB to Texture option briefly once per session fixes it, but I thought I'd bring it up. I tested with 4.0-5886, but the bug goes back to at least 4.0-5398 (and probably further). It would just be nice not to have to use EFB to RAM to see the correct textures, since it's so much slower. Blush