Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes without warning or specific cause
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Dophin 4.0 - 5841x64 and have been having a problem. While playing FE: Radiant Dawn, when I use Galdr, the game will occasionally crash. I can use it most of the time and it will be fine, but across multiple versions of Dolphin, the game will occasionally bring up an error message and shut down the program. I often lose quite a bit of gameplay when this happens, does somebody know the cause or know a fix? Thank you--
Sounds like a bad game file. Right click the game in Dolphin, go to properties, and compute the md5 sum. Then check it against a Google search. If it doesn't match, bad game. If it does match, then we'll try something else
Checksum matched a thread at redump.org (checksum for Radiant Dawn [PAL]=1cddd1e4afeac1c2f8c06a56702478b4).
Do you have any Windows updates that need to be installed?
Download the Intel Driver Update utility and make sure you have the latest Intel HD drivers?
I updated Windows last week, and idk about drivers. Will get back to you on that, but I don't know why a lack of drivers would cause a haphazard problem. If it were a driver problem, you would think that it would be consistent, but the galdrar freezing only happens one in ~10-15 times.
Its a certain combo of something that causes it, so narrowing it it down with drivers is a start.
Update utility download page is down as of right now Sad
That's unfortunate :/
Try again in the morning?
I guess