Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Per Pixel Lighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Left Over Pizza

(03-20-2015, 02:40 PM)Tetsujin Wrote: [ -> ]What is your reason for having texture cache set to safe? If you are using texture packs you might see a slight boost in performance by converting to the new format (if the creator hasn't already done so) and setting it to fast.

I've had a few issues where certain loading screens and/or cutscenes keep stuttering, freezing and jumping around. setting the texture cache to safe fixed it. I've recently got a desktop built and stopped using my mac book but the settings i had on the mac, i enabled the same ones on the new PC but with higher resolution and anti aliasing.
(03-18-2015, 10:48 PM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2015, 10:13 PM)Left Over Pizza Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please tell me if the Per Pixel Lighting is necessary? Other people say there's a huge difference in quality but i don't see it. Is there something I'm missing?

A small difference in lighting quality, but a huge difference in stuttering caused by shader compilation. If you want a smooth experience without frequent pauses, do NOT enable this option (enhancement).

Also disable aniso filtering (set it to 1x) - it causes various issues / removes certain effects.

This is the answer I looked for. The stuttering drove me crazy despite having good hardware. I enabled CPU-GPU-Sync to get rid of it most of the time but this simple checkbox eliminates the stuttering without sacrificing performance.

The devs should definately label this checkbox with a warning. These unnecessary stutters make Dolphin an unenjoyable experience.
(03-30-2015, 02:45 AM)reery Wrote: [ -> ]This is the answer I looked for. The stuttering drove me crazy despite having good hardware. I enabled CPU-GPU-Sync to get rid of it most of the time but this simple checkbox removes the stuttering without sacrificing performance.

The devs should definately label this checkbox with a warning. These unnecessary stutters make Dolphin an unenjoyable experience.

For more tips and tricks (that reduce the stuttering issues and optimize Dolphin's performance), check out the GPU Performance Guide:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...at-dolphin
(updated Mar 30, 2015)

The tips and tweaks in the "Dolphin Settings" section are suitable for all GPUs, not just AMD/ATI.
Pages: 1 2