Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Access Saves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

amarvelous

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a scrub when it comes to technology, so you'll have to go easy on me when answering this question. There's probably a really simple answer, but, well, like I said. Scrub.

I've been playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on the Dolphin emulator. I used both the in-game saves as well as save states, just to be careful. Two nights ago, I shut it down to go to sleep, and when I woke up, I couldn't access my save files. through either the game or save states. They simply weren't there.

I did some searching and went tools-memcard manager (GC), then exported the save file and it worked! And I thought the problem was fixed. But then I shut it down again last night and now I can't open it again, even after trying to do that again. Did I screw myself over? I'd be a little pissed if I did.

Thanks in advance!
Did you actually look for the files? See if there is a save state in your actual Dolphin folder (Dolphin/savestates), and if they aren't there, they have gotten deleted somehow while using that thing you downloaded. So, when you load FE: PoR, does it say that you have no data and need to format the memory card? If so, then there is no data on your simulated memory card and your in-game saves are lost for good. If it says that, try starting a new game and doing an in-game save after the prologue, and if it gives you an error message, you need to download the newest version of Dolphin.

If there is a file that looks like "RFEP01" in your savestate file, then when you try to load a state while the game is open, find it manually by pressing the "Load state..." button and finding the "RFEP01" file in your savestate folder, and that might work. Also-you need the game already open in order to load states, that could be your problem as well.

If that doesn't work, then your data is probably gone. Don't download anything like what you did that screws with your files unless it's a last resort, they can often do more harm than good.

amarvelous

Oh! I didn't know that was where the save state went. I went into the folder and found the thing and loaded it up! Thank you!

Do I have to do this every time I want to play? Also, does this mean that in-game saves will do nothing?
Try in-game saving again. If it gives you an error message, then you can just download the newest version of Dolphin and that will fix your problem (I know because I had the same problem). Try loading it up and formatting the memory card first though, and then just finish the prologue and try saving in-game, and see if you get an error message. If there is no error, then your ingame saves should work normally.