Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Could someone please build me Dolphin w/Open GL slowdown fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

dude1983

Thank you. Wish I knew how to just add it myself. Recently got r4160.
Link in my signature.
do you test slowdown fix? does it work?

dude1983

Thank you.
can't test while I'm at work, something about playing games at my desk gets them upset... I can't figure out why!
(09-03-2009, 07:52 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]can't test while I'm at work, something about playing games at my desk gets them upset... I can't figure out why!

LOL!! believe me, you're not alone!
Sorry to bring this up again, but is opengl dramaticly slower this days, is there a fix?
OpenGL was always slow, just update to the latest revision, there was a commit recently that gave a decent speedup with the OpenGL plugin.
Yes it is much slower with MOST games and MOST hardware. And as for is their a fix, well that depends since opengl SHOULD be slower than directx and therefore if opengl is running slower their is no problem to fix.

Different videoc cards/drivers respond differently to opengl and different games respond differently as well. However is properly used directx is an inherently faster api and should logically perform better under the theoritcal situation that both plugins were perfect.

If your referring to the problem of certain games running at <1fps in recent revisions with opengl then no that has not been fixed. Though I believe the problem lies with how the ICC compiler is compiling dolphin and not with the dolphin source code itself since opengl performance seems to differ massively depeneding on what compiler is used.

Edit: That's weird. Xtreme2damax's post didn't show up for me until 15 minutes after I posted this, I hate when these threads bug out on me like this.
Yea thanx for the anwer, it ahs always been slower but i mean really slower like 60fps vs 1fps in zelda tp and mario wii, its seems odd
Pages: 1 2