Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games running in 'Slow Motion'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, bear in mind i'm new at using the Dolphin Emulator (so be nice Wink )

Anyway, i've got my first game to work without problems, everything works perfectly fine. The game itself is Starfox Assault. The thing is though when I get in game it runs slowly. Now i'm guessing the reason it does this is to compensate for the lack of FPS, as in if the game is supposed to run at 60fps, and your running at 30fps it will half the game speed in an attempt to keep it looking smooth.

So, is there anyway I can stop this from happening? On average I get about 25 fps (yes I have tried turning all settings down) which is perfectly playable if the game was running at normal speed. Does anyone know if its possible to diasable this or is it a part of the game itself and not the emulator?

Oh and heres my specs, i'm guessing its my CPU which is causing it to be a low frame rate? Or is it just difficult to emulate GCN games smoothly?

Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (up-to-date)
The only option for that is "idle skip", but it doesn't help for all games or computers. In adition to the graphics, the CPU must be strong enough to calculate what's happening in the game also. For me, the emu sometimes runs games like SSBB at double speed while the FPS is just 50. Dolphin's controll of the FPS/game speed isn't that good yet.
(04-04-2009, 11:40 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]The only option for that is "idle skip", but it doesn't help for all games or computers. In adition to the graphics, the CPU must be strong enough to calculate what's happening in the game also. For me, the emu sometimes runs games like SSBB at double speed while the FPS is just 50. Dolphin's controll of the FPS/game speed isn't that good yet.

Ah, thank you, i'll check that out, see if it works ok.