Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when i checked out the Wii hardware specs it didnt seem to amazing
its better than mine but i want to double check b4 i buy anything. getting a better processor and video card will essentially cure game lag correct?

cmccmc

mainly the processor but a video card will help with anti aliasing and high resolutions
depends what you are buying. if your computer is weaker than the wii right now you probably cant get a system that is lag free without buying a whole new computer
well i dont know the wii hardware specs, i've ran searches that have come up dry
i run an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics
and an Intel pentium 4 processor with 2.6 ghz
w/ hyper threading
(09-04-2009, 06:07 AM)dusilbenafreor Wrote: [ -> ]well i dont know the wii hardware specs, i've ran searches that have come up dry
i run an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics
and an Intel pentium 4 processor with 2.6 ghz
w/ hyper threading

That is too slow to run any GameCube/Wii game on Dolphin, unless you want to play with 1-10 fps.
be specific, graphics card, or processor
The ATI cards have problems with dolphin and you can't play any game at a decent speed with your proccessor :/
no, ati cards are fine. There are no memory leaks on my side. However, intel's pentium 4 just sucks. expensive, hot, poor performing and energy guzing.

MarioMadness

(09-04-2009, 07:57 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]The ATI cards have problems with dolphin and you can't play any game at a decent speed with your proccessor :/

Its Just because he has a readon 9600 its a little Old ( About 6 years lol) And He is Using a Intel pentium 4 processor with 2.6 ghz CPU, P4's Suck!! they Will never get full speed on Dolphin.

And I Have a ATI 4870x2 And it Works Just Fine with dolphin( If Anything Ive Heard more Problems With Nivida). I Get About 35-40FPS in Super Mario Sunshine And With the DirectX9 Plugin 60-85FPS But With Some Missing And Bad textures Smile

cmccmc

(09-04-2009, 12:20 PM)MarioMadness Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2009, 07:57 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]The ATI cards have problems with dolphin and you can't play any game at a decent speed with your proccessor :/

Its Just because he has a readon 9600 its a little Old ( About 6 years lol) And He is Using a Intel pentium 4 processor with 2.6 ghz CPU, P4's Suck!! they Will never get full speed on Dolphin.

And I Have a ATI 4870x2 And it Works Just Fine with dolphin( If Anything Ive Heard more Problems With Nivida). I Get About 35-40FPS in Super Mario Sunshine And With the DirectX9 Plugin 60-85FPS But With Some Missing And Bad textures Smile

god you have a good graphics card. You obviously have some extra money. Why do you have to *argh*
Pages: 1 2