Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to ask a Question on Dolphin Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been seeing a lot of problems with people needing help. I think we should implement a policy where if you need help with dolphin, a specific game, errors, etc etc... to ALWAYS POST YOUR PC SPECS. We need to stop threads like this:

"xyz isn't working. How do I fix it ......" as the whole thread.

After asking A question, state in the thread or in your sig your PC specs including,

1. Operating System
2. Complete CPU name (Ex. Intel E7400 @ 2.8 ghz not Core2duo @ 2.8ghz)
3. GPU
4. Version of Dolphin used

Also if you having a problem with a game, state options you have chosen in dolphin as a check for those trying to help you.

General "How to ask a question" tutorial: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Nice thread, but I'd better improve it a bit and stick it
(09-04-2009, 01:51 AM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]Also add this link in Tongue
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Added

LuisR14

lol it had to come to this Tongue, giving idiots advice on asking a question xD Tongue
How do I ask a question? Tongue
Idk use Google Huh
lot of people are always having problems but they don't ever start giving information abut what PC they have what revision are they using and all of that
(09-08-2009, 04:49 AM)manaurys Wrote: [ -> ]lot of people are always having problems but they don't ever start giving information abut what PC they have what revision are they using and all of that

So true. Whats sad is too many people are not here to help people but to get there answer and go. There to lazy to even search the forum first for the answer. If you try to inform them where to get the answer they tend to get pissed since you are not giving them the easy way out of finding the answer.

I really think Daco, nosound etc etc should tidy up the rules and add some proper netiquette for people to learn how to incoporate there problem in words on the forum. At the very least, place a sticky on each main board on proper ways to state problems and rules of the forum.

edwardsamule

Hi jedikevin20,
Thank you suggesting all of us that how we can ask the question in Dolphin. I will definitely improve by reading this topic. I will stick to the rules of the Dolphin.
Pages: 1 2