Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin.exe has stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

astelthspartan

Hey Guys,

So I am attempting to use Dolphin on my HP Notebook that runs Windows 8.1 (x64 bit).  I have 4 GBs of RAM and an Intel i3-3130M processor (2.60 GHz) and an Intel HD 4000 graphics card.  I am running v. 4.0.2 of Dolphin and attempting to play Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (a Gamecube game).

However, after around 10-15 minutes of gameplay, an error message [attachment=13301] pops up.  Now to be clear, I can play the game perfectly fine with no lagging or any other problems until it crashes.  I decided to run my task manager alongside it to see if anything catches my attention and, although it is running harder than normal [attachment=13302], it is still what I would think to be appropriate or at least adequate levels.

Any points of clarification I would be happy to make and I appreciate any insight.

Thanks.
Update to the latest version:

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

astelthspartan

I figured I'd go with the more "stable" version (that's what the link calls it), should I go with the newest one? I ran a compatibility test because I thought that it being older might be the problem but it couldn't pinpoint anything in particular.
The newer dev builds are more stable, accurate, and fast. We just haven't reached the milestones to push the next stable version yet.

astelthspartan

I downloaded a newer one and played for about an hour or so--it works great. Thanks all!