Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Less fps in fullscreen - OpenGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a problem. Yesterday everything was fine, the game ran at fullspeed in fullscreen mode. But now, when I switch to exclusive fullscreen mode, the FPS is worse than usual, I didn't changed everything. For example, yesterday I had 30 FPS everywhere in 2.5x native res without drops in Skyward Sword, today I have it too but only in windowed mode, not in fullscreen mode. 

How is that even possible?

This is only with OpenGL, not with DX. But OpenGL is faster for me in Skyward Sword. 

Hardware: i5 4210U 1.7 GHz-2.4 GHz 
8 GB RAM
GTX 850M

Yes, I have the latest drivers. Yes I have the latest Dolphin development build.
I've been saying this for a long time, borderless mode is alot faster for me on DX11 and OpenGL. By alot I mean like a 50% speed boost.
Change your fullscreen resolution to a fixed IR.  If it is set to automatic,  then the difference is caused by fullscreen using 2-4xIR or more.
(03-13-2015, 02:40 AM)Nintonito Wrote: [ -> ]Change your fullscreen resolution to a fixed IR.  If it is set to automatic,  then the difference is caused by fullscreen using 2-4xIR or more.

Yes, I get the same FPS as windowed when I choose 1600x900. But then the image quality is worse.

As I said, I did not had that problem yesterday, I choosed my native resolution 1920x1080 and the FPS were great. I had exactly the same settings. Its really crazy
Sounds like you may have other things running in the background that are stealing CPU power. Try closing any non-necessary stuff. Windows just pushed updates on Tuesday, check and make sure Windows isn't trying to download them/install them as you're trying to play. Make sure Windows power options are set to high performance, along with your Nvidia card.
I have an i7 4790k, GTX 980, and 16gb of ram with a fresh Windows 7 install. I get close to 50% speed boost with borderless mode. My previous computer with GTX 780 was the same exact way, maybe it is an NVidia thing.
Do you have vsync on?