Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Better one core ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I see Dolphin is better to better, increase perfomance etc... But I have a question for team Dolphin :
Will you make increase better perfomance on only ONE core ? For NetPlay Desyncs without Dual Core example on Mario Kart Wii we have 70% VPS, and in dual core we have 100% VPS but Desyncs.
Without dual core, perfect syncs work!

70% VPS is just little slow, better than 30% with processor AMD (my friend have this before)
Can you increase better perfomance on ONE core 70% to 80% or more please, Will be better playable Smile

Or optimized dual-core on Netplay ?

I have i5 2500 and he have i5 4460

I don't know where put this thread, I don't found the thread of Feature Request.
Yeah, because it's easy to just add 30% more performance to the emulator Tongue

If anything Dualcore Netplay shouldn't be desyncing on Mario Kart Wii in the latest development builds.
(03-08-2015, 08:30 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, because it's easy to just add 30% more performance to the emulator Tongue

If anything Dualcore Netplay shouldn't be desyncing on Mario Kart Wii in the latest development builds.

I never say about "easy" but If they can increase little better to better Smile
We use latest build 4.0-5762, It's descyncring with Dualcore... How fix ? Single Core perfect but 70% VPS slowy game.

We have try get +200% clock speed but down to 65%...
I think +400% will be 55%  Big Grin
Try lowering the clock speed instead of raising it.
(03-08-2015, 11:47 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try lowering the clock speed instead of raising it.
Not change, the best speed clock is 200% for get 70% minimum if add more or less It's less than 65%.
I hope a day a update optimize Dualcore better syncro for NetPlay

Close.
You do know raising the clock speed means more work for your processor so what you are saying doesnt make any sense to me. If you get 65% speed at normal climates how can you magically get more speed by putting more work on your processor?
(03-10-2015, 03:59 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]You do know raising the clock speed means more work for your processor so what you are saying doesnt make any sense to me. If you get 65% speed at normal climates how can you magically get more speed by putting more work on your processor?
Config -> Advanced -> Enable CPU Clock Override to 200%
Build : 4.0-5762

I have try without Netplay, It's same : 75% VPS in singleplayer.

If we put to 400% I get 50% VPS,
If we put to 100% I get 75-88% VPS! (but without NetPlay I get 99-101%)
Thats because your making your processor do more work for no reason........ and at 400% thats 4 times as much work you really don't understand what that feature is for do you?

If you want to see real performance gains overclock your real processor and not the virtual GameCubes.
The overclock feature does not overclock your processor. It runs the game as if the gamecube's/wii's processor was overclocked. If you run it at 200% speed you are essentially emulating 2 gamecube processors which means your processor has to work twice as hard for the same scene.
(03-12-2015, 12:07 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]The overclock feature does not overclock your processor. It runs the game as if the gamecube's/wii's processor was overclocked. If you run it at 200% speed you are essentially emulating 2 gamecube processors which means your processor has to work twice as hard for the same scene.

I understand better, thank you!

I think lot games of GC can run without problem in NetPlay, but Wii demanding lot than GC so loosing perfomance in one core (if desyncro, need one core)