Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Regarding 'r6477'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, so I've sat here for about 30 minutes before signing up looking at the archives of the different versions of Dolphin, including the thread by Starscream and then the link provided by delroth, and then spent another 10 minutes afterwords, deciding what area I should post this thread in. (Apologies in advance if I still have yet to post in the correct area! Sad)

Inside Dolphin, we all know about the Properties section where our games have the 'Emulation State' and how it's sometimes pre-set and then contains side notes, correct? Well this particular one says 'Playable; Use dx11 plugin(r6477)', however, the latest version of Dolphin doesn't contain the Plugin tab, and hasn't for a while, I believe (I believe since D3D9 was removed, correct?), and so I tried a different version of Dolphin suggested to me by a friend, labeled as 'Dolphin SVN revision 5770' that he linked me to, which I didn't find out wasn't the right version until after I tested it. It got me further than what the current build does, but then crashes with a bunch of read errors and kills itself, and so I've been spending 30 minutes trying to find the version mentioned in the Emulation State comments, but have had no luck what-so-ever, so I thought I would post here.

I've tried searching Google with different search terms hoping to find the exact version, however, I wasn't so lucky.  Undecided Am I out of luck, or am I lucky enough that someone here has a link, or knows the whereabouts of this version I seek?

(If I posted in the wrong section, please move it to the correct section for this n00b. Thanks!  Big Grin)
Old versions should not be used and you won't get any support from us here if you use it and have issues.

What game are you trying to play? Try the latest development build if you haven't already.
I think the (r6477) comment just means that the information was accurate as of r6477, although maybe it could mean that it only works in r6477 and newer. Either way, you should never use anything as old as r6477. Just use the newest development version from https://dolphin-emu.org/download/.

Also, it's still possible to change the graphics backend, it's just not called plugin. You can choose between OpenGL and D3D11 if you're using Windows.
Gee, thanks guys. I honestly tend to stay away from developer/development versions of any programs, as my past experience has proven it's not worth it, with either the issue not being fixed and me having to wait for a newer version to address the issue, or just made my issues worse, which is why I didn't bother downloading the latest development version, however, for whatever reason, it somehow is able to get me further into my Kiosk disc of Starfox Adventures, so I'm all okay now. Everything seems to be fine, however I still need to set it up to run smoothly, as it's really laggy at this point, but playable.

Thanks guys! I think I'll start using development versions should I ever run into anymore issues (yes, it seems like the most common-sense choice, but as I said, I've just had really bad luck in the past with those types of versions). I really appreciate it guys! Big Grin
The revision comment was for the revision it was tested with and not that you need to use that revision. Those comments were dropped afterwards and many were removed, not all though.
(03-06-2015, 07:10 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]The revision comment was for the revision it was tested with and not that you need to use that revision. Those comments were dropped afterwards and many were removed, not all though.

Ah, I wasn't aware they were dropped and removed. Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind next time I look at the properties. :p