Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I know pc is powerful but still what do I look out for in emulating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dekaman

As in I got the best I could get i7 4790k I have 16 gig ram and 780ti Asus gamers so should be a beast for gaming but that being said I know emulation is a fine art.

Will some games still get fps drops on this setup? Windows 7 HP 64 bit is on a dedicated SSD and Dolphin on a 6tb Western Digital red(as I have so many pc games) emulated games are on a 1tb Western Digital drive but only sata 2 (due to cable built into case) despite board being sata 3 and so is drive.
Depends on the games.
(03-06-2015, 02:41 AM)dekaman Wrote: [ -> ]1tb Western Digital drive but only sata 2 (due to cable built into case) despite board being sata 3 and so is drive.

What evil magix is this ? Hundreds of pounds worth of kit and you are letting the side down over a 50p cable ?
Cut / Rip / Yank (well you get the idea there) this Sata 2 cable out of the way and put in a spare Sata 3 right now.

As for performance, that chip has been discussed to death so just read some recent posts. Hint : It's good for Dolphin.
(03-06-2015, 02:55 AM)Zooke Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2015, 02:41 AM)dekaman Wrote: [ -> ]1tb Western Digital drive but only sata 2 (due to cable built into case) despite board being sata 3 and so is drive.

What evil magix is this ? Hundreds of pounds worth of kit and you are letting the side down over a 50p cable ?
Cut / Rip / Yank (well you get the idea there) this Sata 2 cable out of the way and put in a spare Sata 3 right now.

As for performance, that chip has been discussed to death so just read some recent posts. Hint : It's good for Dolphin.

Cable doesn't matter for Sata type and since it's an HDD it won't do anything