Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: messed up graphics, pitiful framerate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im trying to play paper mario thousand year door on dolphin 2330 build (the latest build that has worked at all)

so i open it up fine, i get through all the menus with pretty much perfect graphics and 30-45 fps, even the intro has good graphics and 40 fps, but as soon as i go to the campaign the framerate immediately drops to 14 or so and the graphics are really glitchy.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx88/...rmario.jpg

theres some screen caps of the first cutscene, and also the little road thingy flickers sort of, on and off,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunDITR1njQ

there's what it should look like, jump to 3:26.

here are my specs :

intel pentuim 4 cpu 3.00 (2 cpus)
32 bit windows xp
core speed is 2992.5 mhz
1gb ram
ati mobility radeon 9700 agp graphics card which is updated along with my directx (direct x 9.0c)

any help at all would be appreciated, maybe a certain setting that is known to cause all this, or maybe its just a side effect of this early build? or maybe i need an even earlier build, i'm running 2330 by the way. or maybe its just this game? it won't even let me run fire emblem path of radiance though.
your using a p4 3.0ghz thats why, there is no way you will get good framerates or anything like that
also why are you using such an old build
im using the old build because thts the only one that's worked for me...
well i haven't tried all of them, but 28xx doesn't work for me either, and 30xx works but it has no picture (just sound and i can click the keys in the menu)

so there's no way im gonna get it to run smoothly? why is it only when i start playing and not on the menus? or even the intro cutscene?

MarioMadness

(09-02-2009, 11:50 PM)gotegenks Wrote: [ -> ]im using the old build because thts the only one that's worked for me...
well i haven't tried all of them, but 28xx doesn't work for me either, and 30xx works but it has no picture (just sound and i can click the keys in the menu)

so there's no way im gonna get it to run smoothly? why is it only when i start playing and not on the menus? or even the intro cutscene?

The menu's go fast because theres a lot less graphics, So it doesn't have to processes as much. And You have a 3.0GH.z Single core P4, Dolphin Recommends at least a 2.0GH.z Dual core For Decent speed.

Most you chould do is turn off enable other audio And Use a bat file to get some FPS
normally you should get half speed on recent builds

at least i get 40-60 (rarely higher) % speed on the same cpu in 99% of my game list (and its not a small one Tongue )

i do however have a much better gpu : a GF8600GT

cmccmc

have you tried anything in the 4000's?
use a bat file? what on earth is that and how would i go about doing it?

and i wasn't aware that 2 ghz was better than 3 *super noob*

anyways, 4xxx just gives me a yellow screen, then a cyan screen... which i can't fix.
AGP ? o.O

danielice

You think that's bad?!Tongue

[Image: manhunted.th.jpg]

Manhunt....or Something-Hunt...IdkBig Grin
actually i just realized, you said i had a single core, but i have a dual core right? "(2 cpus)" plus thats what it says on the yellow text that comes on the start of the game
Pages: 1 2