Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about the 60fps audio hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jetman

I had a question about the 60fps audio hack line of code that requires changing. I'm quite the amateur with coding, I've never worked on anything other than GunZ: The Duel, so I might be totally wrong about this, but couldn't you include VideoConfigDiag.h, create a pointer to a video config option, and use a if statement to allow players to choose whether or not to enable it (thus preventing certain games from being messed up?). For example:

Code:
    int period;
    VideoConfig pConfig;
    if (pConfig.bAudioHack)
    {
        period = CPU_CORE_CLOCK / (AudioInterface::GetAIDSampleRate() * 4 / 32 * 2);
    }
    else
        period = CPU_CORE_CLOCK / (AudioInterface::GetAIDSampleRate() * 4 / 32);

Would something like that work(granted that type of pointer works, if not, would it work with a proper pointer?), or am I totally mistaken?
You could do an option like that, but no one would ever accept a patch like that.

Jetman

(03-04-2015, 10:58 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You could do an option like that, but no one would ever accept a patch like that.

Bad way to do it I assume?
Well, it's a hack. Nowadays it looks like Dolphin developers are focusing on dropping as many hacks as possible in favour of accurate emulation. What surprises me is that Dolphin performance keeps increasing even with the whole accuracy-oriented goal, different of many other accuracy-focused emulators around which have insanely high system requirements...

Jetman

Gotcha, well yeah I do think a game should be left in its original form when referring to framerate (especially since some games can have their animation system drastically altered by framerate), just wasn't sure if it was something anyone would be interested in or not. Dove deeper into the source last night, my god lol, talk about complex. Makes the GunZ source look like a joke.
(03-05-2015, 03:26 AM)Jetman Wrote: [ -> ]Gotcha, well yeah I do think a game should be left in its original form when referring to framerate (especially since some games can have their animation system drastically altered by framerate), just wasn't sure if it was something anyone would be interested in or not. Dove deeper into the source last night, my god lol, talk about complex. Makes the GunZ source look like a joke.

Dont get discouraged, It's just your patch to the main that's getting the thumbs down and that's no surprise because this is enhancement rather than emulation. there's a thread for this and plenty of us want games running at 60fps over there.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ga...nd-patches

Jetman

(03-05-2015, 05:17 AM)Zooke Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2015, 03:26 AM)Jetman Wrote: [ -> ]Gotcha, well yeah I do think a game should be left in its original form when referring to framerate (especially since some games can have their animation system drastically altered by framerate), just wasn't sure if it was something anyone would be interested in or not. Dove deeper into the source last night, my god lol, talk about complex. Makes the GunZ source look like a joke.

Dont get discouraged, It's just your patch to the main that's getting the thumbs down and that's no surprise because this is enhancement rather than emulation. there's a thread for this and plenty of us want games running at 60fps over there.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ga...nd-patches

Oh don't worry not discouraged, was simply curious as to whether or not my idea of the implementation would actually work. I tested it last night and got some pretty weird effects from it. Most of the time the sounds don't actually play. On occasion they'll play, but it cuts out after about 1/4th of a second.