Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error loading shared libraries: libpolarssl.so.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, i'm using Arch Linux, which has a rolling release cycle. Meaning the newest stable version of any application on my system.

Recently polarssl got replaced with mbedtls, which is according to their version number the next version of polarssl.
However Dolphin relies on polarssl, as it request the library libpolarssl.so.7. Since I now have mbedtls this file does not exist anymore, and Dolphin gives me the following error:
Code:
dolphin-emu: error while loading shared libraries: libpolarssl.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I can easily fix this by removing mbedtls in favor of polarssl again, but I have to hold polarssl from upgrading everytime I update my system.
Can this be fixed?
Where do you get your Dolphin from ? I use this pkgbuild and it works just fine.
I use the same one. Using Yaourt though, not manually.
I've updated Dolphin just a second ago and it gave me the exact same error. Even tried uninstalling it before reinstalling.
That's weird. I don't use Yaourt, but AFAICT it does build the package for you, so the executable should depend on the correct .so that's present on your system.
The person who provides the pkgbuild for Dolphin (Alucryd) also has a repository where he provides his own daily builds of Dolphin, but last time I tried they were built against his own builds of polarssl, which differed from the builds present in the official repos (not up-to-date and using different compilation options). This caused his Dolphin builds to be incompatible with the polarssl from the official repos, so you had to stick with the polarssl builds from his repos or build the Dolphin package yourself (I don't know why he uses his own polarssl builds, there must be a reason, but Dolphin works just fine with the polarssl from official repos for me).

So, are you sure Yaourt builds the package for you every time, or does it get it from Alucryd's repository instead ? Because that might be the problem.
No it did build it from the AUR everytime.
However I completely reinstalled it today (backed up saves and then removed ~/.dolphin), and now it seems to work.
No clue why it didn't before, but thanks anyway.