Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Vertex Shader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

New to Dolphin and the forums.  I can run Dolphin 4.0.2 fine but when i download Dolphin 4.0-5734 on my Alienware Latop I have two errors.  Firstly no matter what I do I cant get any games to come up in the list even if I point it to the directory, but most importantly when I try to run an ISO it says "Failed to compile vertex shader" and "Failed to compile pixel shader"

I figure I'm doing something wrong when I download the latest revisions (i just extract and try to run it with the above issues as opposed to the stable version which installs it under program files). I couldn't find anything in the Wiki about how to correctly install the latest releases, any help appreciated.
Direct3D or OpenGL? Try both.
Which version of the GPU driver is installed? Also update them.

If the error still happens, can you please upload the broken shader as described within this error messages?
(03-03-2015, 06:52 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Direct3D or OpenGL? Try both.
Which version of the GPU driver is installed? Also update them.

If the error still happens, can you please upload the broken shader as described within this error messages?

Arghhh I had it on OpenGL, changed it to Direct3D and it works great thank you didn't know I had to do that. Thanks for the help Smile
Still, are your driver up-to-date and can you upload the broken shader? This is maybe a dolphin issue through
(03-03-2015, 07:18 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]Still, are your driver up-to-date and can you upload the broken shader? This is maybe a dolphin issue through

Yes degasus I updated the driver as I have Nvidia Gforce updater in the background all the time so I know when the latest one is out. I would be happy to help you but im so new to Dolphin im unaware how to upload a broken shader?

If you can tell me I would be happy to do it for you Smile
On shader compilation errors, the broken shaders are dumped in: My Documents\Dolphin\Dump\bad_X.txt (or similiar of course...)
Just upload the newest file there.
(03-03-2015, 07:54 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]On shader compilation errors, the broken shaders are dumped in: My Documents\Dolphin\Dump\bad_X.txt (or similiar of course...)
Just upload the newest file there.

Sorry for my newbness file attached Smile
Are you using an optimus laptop? If so, can you double check which GPU are used? Please also update the intel GPU drivers in this case.

If I remember correctly, nvidia errors looks differently
To make sure you're using Optimus, set a High performance profile in Nvidia Control panel. To update Intel drivers, get the Intel Driver Update Utility.
(03-04-2015, 02:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]To make sure you're using Optimus, set a High performance profile in Nvidia Control panel. To update Intel drivers, get the Intel Driver Update Utility.

I will try, im using a Alienware laptop Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.4Ghz 16Gb Ram Nvidia GTX 660 and windows 7 64bit
Pages: 1 2