Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Every new version of Dolphin make my FPS higher.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rabbit21

Hey!
I'm using Dolphin for a something about 2 years.
I had a better PC, but for a year i have a not that good laptop :/
I had low FPS on almost every game, but on the newest versions 4.0-xxxx my fps are higher.
From 40-45, i have 60 now.
So, that mean in 1-1,5 year, peoples with bad Laptops/PC will be able to run ALMOST every game on fullspeed?
(03-03-2015, 06:06 AM)Rabbit21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!
I'm using Dolphin for a something about 2 years.
I had a better PC, but for a year i have a not that good laptop :/
I had low FPS on almost every game, but on the newest versions 4.0-xxxx my fps are higher.
From 40-45, i have 60 now.
So, that mean in 1-1,5 year, peoples with bad Laptops/PC will be able to run ALMOST every game on fullspeed?

Yea jump from stable 4.0 to newest ones is pretty massive.
(03-03-2015, 06:06 AM)Rabbit21 Wrote: [ -> ]So, that mean in 1-1,5 year, peoples with bad Laptops/PC will be able to run ALMOST every game on fullspeed?

Not necessarily 
(03-03-2015, 06:06 AM)Rabbit21 Wrote: [ -> ]So, that mean in 1-1,5 year, peoples with bad Laptops/PC will be able to run ALMOST every game on fullspeed?
Quite maybe, but likely not because dolphin will continue to improve that well, but the definition of "bad Laptops/PC" will change Wink

I'm still impressed that I'm able to play lots of games on an Haswell ultra-low voltage CPU fullspeed on a tablet...
Yeah horrible isn't it. =P