Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Brand New Machine i5 4690k and GTX 970...Settings recommendations??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys. I just completed a new PC build with the specs in my signature. This is a huge upgrade from my previous system. I want to milk my hardware for all it's worth with dolphin! Can somebody help me out in determining the best graphics settings for my new build?
(03-03-2015, 01:09 AM)jshel65 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys. I just completed a new PC build with the specs in my signature. This is a huge upgrade from my previous system. I want to milk my hardware for all it's worth with dolphin! Can somebody help me out in determining the best graphics settings for my new build?

PC build is incomplete without a stable OC so do that next. Go for core -1 = uncore = memory speed x 2 + delta like me, or just all out core depending on your beliefs.
Dolphin loves processors.
Dolphin is more about per game specific settings, since you can just max res and aa with that card in any game.
I actually can't even get any games to run on D3D?!?!? Only openGL is working...what's up with that?
(03-03-2015, 03:25 AM)jshel65 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually can't even get any games to run on D3D?!?!? Only openGL is working...what's up with that?

Try downloading + installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...aspx?id=35

If you've got a decent (Evo 212 or better, really) cooler then I'd try to OC to at least 4.0GHz, possibly farther. Should be able to run 4+xIR and some level of AA (becomes pointless at higher IRs, IMO) and AF.
That is definitely my next move (cooler and OC). Should I continue to run Open GL or go for D3D if I'm able to get that going?
Use d3d unless in some rare cases opengl fixes something, like flickering shores in wind walker.
So I checked and I have direct x 11 running. I made a video of what is going on...very frustrating for sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ5fJT-8dD4
Umm... He's got a 970. That's definitely going to be happier with the OpenGL backend in basically every game that doesn't need EFB to RAM.