Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sonphil

Hi,

I trying to play a few games, but the music and sound effects are stuttering or rather choppy. This doesn't happen during a cinematic. The sound is perfect during the cinematics.

I already tried with a few games.
Resident Evil Zero : At the beginning, I can hear the rain. It is choppy. But, some sounds (gunshots, footsteps, etc.) are ok. The sounds in cinematics and some sequences like opening a door is perfect. Later, I meet a guy on the train. The voices are ok but the music in the background isn't.

I noticed that FPS in game is at ~25 FPS and go up to ~60 FPS in cinematics and in some sequences like opening a door.

Fire Emblem : Path of Radiance : The game runs moothly. It's always at 60 FPS. The sound is perfect.

I also have this audio problem in The Last Story. But, in this game, the FPS varies.

Sorry, I don't speak english very well.
Try updating to the latest version and using OpenAL

Sonphil

Thank you. This fixes most of the issue. I set the latency to five.

There are just slowdowns sometimes but the games are playable now.
Down with audio shaming!
@Sonphil - Since you say you don't speak English very well, I'll explain what tueidj is trying to say. You misspelled "stuttering" for "sluttering" (note the "T" instead of an "L"). "Sluttering" isn't a real word (not yet?) but it contains a negatively associated root word. In short, it's an awkward spelling error Wink

But this is all off-topic now, especially since you fixed your issue. Anyway, enjoy Dolphin now that things are working.

Sonphil

(03-02-2015, 03:16 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]@Sonphil - Since you say you don't speak English very well, I'll explain what tueidj is trying to say. You misspelled "stuttering" for "sluttering" (note the "T" instead of an "L"). "Sluttering" isn't a real word (not yet?) but it contains a negatively associated root word. In short, it's an awkward spelling error Wink

But this is all off-topic now, especially since you fixed your issue. Anyway, enjoy Dolphin now that things are working.

Oh, right. Tongue I corrected the mistake.