Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Emulator Crashing my new PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They will work in any directory.
So every time there is an update (1-2 times a day), I should download it and adjust the graphics properties every time all over again?
(03-02-2015, 03:48 AM)BabyBasset Wrote: [ -> ]So every time there is an update (1-2 times a day), I should download it and adjust the graphics properties every time all over again?
Updating to the newest development build every single time one is released would be tedious - just doing it every now and then is fine. Your settings are shared among all versions of Dolphin (as long as you aren't using ancient versions like 3.5), so you don't need to change your settings.
Don't extract to the Dolphin 4.0.x install directory, as it can cause issues. Anywhere else is fine
It really was the heat. I cleaned it and its 25 degrees cooler now when playing, I cant believe how much dust there was in it and its only 2 months old.

But I have another problem - game runs great but sound is skipping and all over the place at times, can I do something to fix that? Its not nearly as smooth as I can handle, its bothering me.
Turn down graphical enhancements to 1x. If that doesn't fix it, you have a CPU bottleneck that can only be fixed with an overclock or a better CPU
(03-02-2015, 11:37 AM)BabyBasset Wrote: [ -> ]It really was the heat. I cleaned it and its 25 degrees cooler now when playing, I cant believe how much dust there was in it and its only 2 months old.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...#pid362551

No shit Sherlock.
(03-02-2015, 12:43 PM)Zooke Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2015, 11:37 AM)BabyBasset Wrote: [ -> ]It really was the heat. I cleaned it and its 25 degrees cooler now when playing, I cant believe how much dust there was in it and its only 2 months old.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...#pid362551

No shit Sherlock.

Excuse my surprise Smile but I had PC from 2003 to 2013 which was cleaned maybe 2-3 times during that period, and never with compressed air. And it never shut down. I understand that It did not have that much power to begin with but im sure it struggled too.

Now im surprised it didnt melt down or catch fire, and I wonder how that fan even managed to spin.

Thank you all.
(03-02-2015, 10:50 PM)BabyBasset Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse my surprise Smile but I had PC from 2003 to 2013 which was cleaned maybe 2-3 times during that period, and never with compressed air. And it never shut down. I understand that It did not have that much power to begin with but im sure it struggled too.

Now im surprised it didnt melt down or catch fire, and I wonder how that fan even managed to spin.

Thank you all.

Buy yourself a tube of TIM (something like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Cooling-M...B0045JCFLY will be fine) and you can remove the heatsink at your leisure for a real clean. The jury on the best TIM is continually out, but any of the popular ones will do, the secret is in the preparation of the surfaces.
Plenty of videos on how to do it on youtube, before you know it you'll be taking apart every pc you can lay your hands on.
By the way, if you do decide to buy some paste, this is NOT how to do it Smile

[Image: NT-H1ridiculousamountpre-mountdieshotwit...g~original]
Pages: 1 2