Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which Version Has D3D (Deprecated) Backend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I ask because Metroid Prime (GC) runs best for me when using D3D (Deprecated).
D3D is not deprecated. If you mean DX9, then that's only still found in the unofficial Ishiiruka build: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version
D3D9 was removed in 4.0-155 from the master branch of Dolphin. But it was removed for seriously good reasons! Dolphin is considerably faster and more accurate than 4.0, and those gains would not have been possible with D3D9 still around.
Yeah, if you haven't done so yet you should definitely try a recemt dev build first. DX9 is really just something for you if your computer is very old.
(02-27-2015, 05:00 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]D3D is not deprecated. If you mean DX9, then that's only still found in the unofficial Ishiiruka build: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version

Should I use latest version made by community? 4.0-5685? I just tried 4.0.2 a few minutes ago and it still lags horribly from about 10-25FPS. :(
(02-27-2015, 05:19 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]D3D9 was removed in 4.0-155 from the master branch of Dolphin. But it was removed for seriously good reasons! Dolphin is considerably faster and more accurate than 4.0, and those gains would not have been possible with D3D9 still around.

I read that article/post about why D3D9, but even when I tried the latest stable version (4.0.2), it still runs the same. I'm about to try 4.0-5685, I hope it works because before I had this problem, Metroid Prime ran almost flawlessly. I have no idea what happened, but I was using D3D9 since it worked best for me. Now it barely runs at all :(  Idk what change made this happen because I didn't get a new version or anything.
I tested 4.0-5685 and got about 40 or so FPS on average. All settings are as low as I can get. (Internal Resolution is 1x Native, no Anti-aliasing, 1x Anisotropic, XFB Disabled, Fast Depth Calculation on, Disable Destination Alpha is off, Skip EFB Access is off, Ignore Format Changes is on, and Skip EFB Copies to RAM is on.)
Your CPU (Intel Celeron 1037U) is not a very fast one. Dolphin has very high CPU requirements and your Celeron is simply the bottleneck. I'm afraid there is not much you can do besides upgrading your Computer.
(02-27-2015, 07:24 PM)Benze Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU (Intel Celeron 1037U) is not a very fast one. Dolphin has very high CPU requirements and your Celeron is simply the bottleneck. I'm afraid there is not much you can do besides upgrading your Computer.

I know, my CPU is pathetic. But I can actually run Darkwatch in PCSX2 at about 32FPS and the PS2 Emulator is more CPU-intensive. Metroid Prime only gets slow in wide open areas with lots of textures and/or enemies. (Around 30FPS or a little higher.) Even though I play at acceptable FPS, it's just no fun when it lags all the time like it's in slow-mo. :(
Wow, with that CPU you might really want to try the Ishiiruka build with DX9
Pages: 1 2