Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: People using G3258, which dolphin version are you running?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the latest developed version yesterday and I noticed that in some games like brawl and mario kart i will get some glitches like drop in FPS in the beginning of a race in mario kart and when the stage changes in brawl. However, when I downloaded the stable version I was no longer getting glitches in brawl when the stages changes but was still getting drop in fpbs for Mario kart in beginning of the race.  This is only for the beginning of the race when the it is about to start.
Also, i was trying to play the games using 2.5x internal resolution.

My specs are G3258 OC 4.0mhz, Gtx 670ftw, 8gb of ram, windows 7 64.
That's a common occurrence, just 1st time texture loads. Your talking about the sparkles when brawl characters appear? You will notice that if you play the same stage again with the same characters that stutter will be gone. Every time you upgrade to a new build it will give you this stutter, but again everyone has it and its just something we deal with.

Im running at 4.4 and get the same hiccup
Running at 4.6GHz here, same initial hiccups, but after the code cache and texture cache gets built up a bit, everything smooths out and it becomes a really good experience (4x IR on my GTX 960).