Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube BIOS/Bootrom/Proper name here issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bi9scuit

So I've wanted to relive my childhood with Dolphin until I can get my hands on actual hardware by emulating my old GC favourites. I intend to use the BIOS or Bootrom or whatever it is called to relive the whole Gamecube menu experience (as my PC has a disc drive which can read Gamecube disks \o/)
I've done everything it says to do on the interwebs in order to get the BIOS to work (LLE audio, Virtual EFB, etc) but when I launch the emulator (using Super Mario Sunshine as my game to make the software run) it comes up with an error:
"IPL with unknown hash dcfaf409"
Then another error appears:
"IPL found in EUR directory. The disc may not be recognised."
Then I get:
"Dolphin.exe has stopped working" and the software crashes to the desktop.
Any help on outlining what the <redacted> I'm doing wrong here would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what the <redacted>ing <redacted> these messages mean, and I've been after a solution for about three hours now, but to no avail.
Thanks in advance,
               - bi9scuit

P.S. I wanted to include a video of the error as an attachment, but I couldn;t do that as .zips are toko big, .rar isn't allowed, and videos aren't allowed either. So I took some pictures instead. I hope these are as good. [attachment=13214]
Are you sure your dump is correct?
FYI, there is no disc drive able to read GC/Wii discs at realtime speed. Only very slowly with custom tools like rawdump.
Well you can't even run games from the original disc anyway right? I doubt he is reading them from a backup disc. (why would you do such a thing? :O)

bi9scuit

I think the dump is correct. Is there a way of checking? Or do these messages mean it isn't?
Also, a small number of optical drives can read GCN and Wii formatted disks. I have one. You can probably find a list if you google it.
I would assume that is the point in those messages.
(02-28-2015, 06:10 AM)bi9scuit Wrote: [ -> ]Also, a small number of optical drives can read GCN and Wii formatted disks. I have one. You can probably find a list if you google it.
Nobody said it was impossible for a PC drive to read GCN/Wii discs. They're just far too slow at reading to be able to play games directly from the disc (and Dolphin isn't able to do that anyway). They literally take hours to read a whole GCN disc while a wii can do it in less than 10 minutes.
Quote:"IPL with unknown hash dcfaf409"

your IPL file is either
A: corrupt. Try to redump from your GC
B: unencrypted. Use the dump straight from your gc, don't modify it with any tools

Quote:"IPL found in EUR directory. The disc may not be recognised."

warning message should be "unknown IPL found in EUR directory. The disc may not be recognised"

Maybe you don't have a PAL GC?

This message is normally if you put the IPL from a US cube in the EUR folder or similar mixup,
but also will show if your have any random file named ipl.bin

bi9scuit

(02-28-2015, 06:27 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:"IPL with unknown hash dcfaf409"

your IPL file is either
A: corrupt.  Try to redump from your GC
B: unencrypted. Use the dump straight from your gc, don't modify it with any tools

Quote:"IPL found in EUR directory. The disc may not be recognised."

warning message should be "unknown IPL found in EUR directory. The disc may not be recognised"

Maybe you don't have a PAL GC?

This message is normally if you put the IPL from a US cube in the EUR folder or similar mixup,
but also will show if your have any random file named ipl.bin

I'm pretty sure the GC I have managed to bury out is PAL... it plays PAL games. (the boxes say PAL on them and they use PEGI ratings)
I'd happily use the GC if the optical drive wasn't dead Sad