Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tip for people with low-end systems, boost for wii games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perhaps this tip has been posted earlier, i don't know.

I have a system with a weak double core with HT i7 3517U at 2.8 GHz and always played Wii games at 60 fps but some of the heavy games run a little slow.

And today i discovered a tip to run this Wii heavy games at 50 fps making easier for my weak system.

The tip consist in disable PAL60 in the Wii menu and Progressive Scan in the Graphics/Advanced menu.

And now all the PAL Wii games works at 50 fps.

This only Works in Wii PAL games.

That 10 fps of difference is a great help for weak systems like mine.

Update:Unfortunately this don't work well in all PAL Wii games, Super Mario Galaxy 1 &2 keep running at 60 fps, The Last Story don't work at all, Sonic Colours is very dark and Mario Kart Wii flickers a lot.
All the others PAL Wii games that i have tried run very well at 50 fps.

Donkey Kong Returns and Kirby Epic Yarn work very well with this tip. 
Whoever created 50 fps pal format should be fired from inventing stuff job.
PAL is 50 Hz because British electricity is 50 Hz (and when it was designed it wasn't so easy to tidy up electrical interference and stuff) and also because it's higher resolution than NTSC/PAL60, but still has the same bandwidth. It's also still faster than the 24 FPS a lot of films are still made at - low framerate content is pretty tolerable when each frame is exposed for the same amount of time it is to be displayed for as your brain can compensate pretty well, and when PAL was designed, there wasn't anything like games which used instantaneous frames.