Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Longlife ot 2059 ;_; its finally live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
on D3d and HD
Metroid prime EFB on Texutre working Thermal visor and x-ray visor
[Image: 39KCNySl.jpg]
on Zelda TP on texure working minimap
[Image: FMWvH8ol.jpg]

Thank you \(OAO)/

These changes doesnt apply to Opengl Sad
(02-20-2015, 01:37 PM)rexoe Wrote: [ -> ]These changes doesnt apply to Opengl Sad

Just wait for it. I bet it will be there within a week Wink

btw: I think it's even more cool that these effects now upscale well Big Grin
Does this also fix the goop in Mario Sunshine?
Mario Sunshine still needs RAM.

Also, seeing a fairly huge performance degredation over the last few days. Metroid Prime used to run at around 200 fps when unlocked, now it's at 137. Same graphics settings, same hardware.
(02-21-2015, 04:24 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Mario Sunshine still needs RAM.

Also, seeing a fairly huge performance degredation over the last few days. Metroid Prime used to run at around 200 fps when unlocked, now it's at 137. Same graphics settings, same hardware.

Which Metroid Prime exactly?

Can you test 4.0-5540 and 4.0-5538? I hope it wasn't me, but i got a feeling it was...

200 fps sounds insanely high. Are you sure you have Efb to RAM enabled? That's required for all Metroid Prime games. Well, MP1 might run in Efb to Texture now, it's still unclear, some graphics issue in the Chozo ruins.
MP1, and both those builds give me the same performance as current master (5565) so it must be further back. I'll shoot back a good amount of try a different build.

Yes, EFB to RAM is enabled. I use 3x IR, 1600x1200 resolution, scaled EFB. And that's about it.
I don't know how you get 200 FPS in Metroid Prime anywhere with EFB2RAM, I have a Core i5 3570K and have never cleared 130 - 140 in any major area even at 1x IR. It was 112 - 113 fps in 4.0, and has gone up since.
I went back 4 weeks in builds to make sure I wasn't going crazy. So I don't know how recent exactly the performance degraded so heavily, but it has to be in the last 4 weeks.

Master (5565)
http://i.imgur.com/ENuUBc1.jpg

Old build (5236)
http://i.imgur.com/wgkY9ci.jpg

Decided to dig in and find the culprit. Didn't have to go far. 5250 is your man for the major performance loss. 5244, the last build prior, gives me the 200+ fps. 5250 and beyond to latest has me always below 160.

Last edit to put up the reason for the performance drop:

Quote:[color=#999999][color=#555555]Linktothepast[/color] commented on Jan 19[/color]

[color=#333333]Made a new commit:
"Removes speedhacks from metroid prime 1 and 2, and fire emblem series
and update old notes for metroid prime. Capitalize dolphin in the few
inis that weren't from the previous commit."
[/color]

So "speedhacks" were removed from MP1 and 2. I was unaware of any such things even existing. Why were they removed, considering how massive the performance boost was?
so... a settings change. lol.

That may sound rude, but I'm making a joke. 5250 changed the default settings for some games. Your performance degredation comes from setting being changed for more accuracy.

[Speedhacks]
0x80384b1c=400

This was removed from the INI for Metroid Prime. You could readd it in and see if that fixes your performance change.
Yep, re-adding it brought the performance back in line to 5244. So the real question is, does this speedhack break anything? And if not then why remove it? I don't know if there's and discussion on it anywhere. And if there are no known issues, seems rather silly to remove it as it gives a pretty measurable boost to performance. For me it might not matter but for users who don't have as high end a machine as mine it could make a difference between playable and not.
Pages: 1 2