Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Guys im newbie in using dolphin need help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I triyed to play super mario galaxy 2 and zelda twilight princess(game cube version) on my notebook i7 760M OC 8gb ram windows 7 x 64 and it really runs great.Im not sure should i use dx9,dx11 or open gl?tryied a bit all three versions and they ran with similar fps at 4x native without aa(cause i think i dont need aa if im ubersampling at 4x native and aa is a bigger hit that upscaling at least for me).Does dx11 in dolphin feature some features like tesselation or some other dx11 features or there is no difference in graphics between all three options?Im really surprised how great is to play super mario on keyboard and mouse.Any other great games that go well on keyboard and mouse if you can suggest??Oh i forgot to mention that if i choose dx11 it doesnt lets me choose my 760M as adapter and its listed just intel hd 4600?
You set the adapter to use in the Nvidia control panel. Don't set anything else in there except for it to use maximum power, as forcing enhancements through the driver breaks Dolphin.

You should grab the latest dev build and use OpenGL, as it is the fastest backend on Nvidia cards usually.
(02-20-2015, 10:09 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You set the adapter to use in the Nvidia control panel. Don't set anything else in there except for it to use maximum power, as forcing enhancements through the driver breaks Dolphin.

You should grab the latest dev build and use OpenGL, as it is the fastest backend on Nvidia cards usually.

okay should i use latest stable build or daily updates that come every day?i read a bit on forum some suggest stable builds cause the latest lowered performance.What do you suggest dx11 dx9 or opengl?im not sure if dx11 gives some specia effects like in pc gaming???
The latest is the fastest.
(02-20-2015, 10:13 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]The latest is the fastest.

yeah i tryied the latest build but its more stable and less framerate drops,sound error and better framerate on stable build which was released a year ago(4.0 version).Do you know any good games to play with mouse and keyboard except super mario galaxy 2 which is perfectly playable on mouse and keyboard?
I'm sure all the forum users keep tabs on what exact build would be the perfect mix of speed and accuracy for your particular hardware. In general, latest development build will work best for everything. Have fun with the Grand Star hangs and whatnot on 4.0 Tongue.

As for good games, just dump the games that don't make huge use of the motion controls (pointer is fine, Mouse translates pretty well for that) and you'll find games that work pretty good without real wiimotes.